Tuesday 10 April 2012

Choc Honeycomb Cupcakes



As soon as I was inspired to make these choc honeycomb cupcakes I knew I had to make them right away, and they did not disappoint. I would go as far as to say that they are now my favourite chocolate-based cupcake (and I thought I would never be able to top the Ferrero Rocher cupcake).

I'd never heard of a choc honeycomb cupcake before, but thought that they certainly couldn't have been an original idea. Sure enough, I found heaps of recipes on the internet but they were nothing like I had in mind. These are are chocolate flavoured cupcakes, with a deliciously mousse-like chocolate icing (made with a Nestle Violet Crumble block of chocolate) and sprinkled with shards of broken Violet Crumble. However the thing that sets them apart from other cupcakes is the light and creamy honey custard filling. They will definitely be my chocolate cupcake of choice from now on.

Choc Honeycomb Cupcakes are a gourmet cupcake, meaning they are priced at $40 for 12, and $65 for 24. Please email for a quote if you require an order of different amounts.

No comments:

Post a Comment